Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Piyush Reveals Himself Again

I am wondering why nobody is replying to our blog, is it very boring to read? Anyway, I am really looking forward for some inputs.

Today we went to shoot some additional footage for 'Kevat', basically it was the interview of the central guy who is good singer also. I am realy excited about this documentary partly because the subject is visually very appealing and very simple to shoot and understand.

The thing which made the best impression on me is the amount of support I recieved during the shoot. I literaly spent no money except travelling by car to this village which is about 30 km from my city, Kota. This was totaly shot without any crew, nobody excpt me and few kids who would pick the tripod for me once in a while. Thats the best part about this new equipment. Somehow the entire medium is getting closer to other art forms like painting and literature where you can create your vision with very little tools. This new HDV camcorder is not only small, its so cool and the quality is very close to any pro equipment. Digital technology rocks! Its so good that anybody with a little knowledge and money can make films. Its not like the old days when you have to be an assistant to some filmmaker for long time before you finally get a chance.

While making the "KID" fiction I guess we had as much fun, as any big budget film maker might be having, again without any money and i can assure you it hardly looks like a low budget film. I guess there is no better way of doing things. I have no regret but I must mention the fact that i was hardly ready and prepared for this film. But still we did it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh mindboggling blog kis kaminey wale ne likha hai?

Anonymous said...

try getting ur blog edited from someone before finally putting it here...perhaps then u wud have more readers. way too many grammatical and syntax errors.

Anonymous said...

oh high and mighty king of grammar wasteland.... its 'your', not 'ur'.... its 'you', not 'u'..... its 'would', not 'wud'....!!

Anonymous said...

|
|